Search This Blog

Monday, December 6, 2010

Generation UCAN

Alright guys one of my biggest road blocks the last few months has been supplements. Some taste great, but are loaded with sugar, and don't last as long as they are intended. Others taste horrible and most of the time your not even going to give it a second thought as it doesn't get past the gag reflex. I have recently been introduced to a product that I am really excited about. "Generation UCAN products will sustain energy balance, maintain glucose levels and control food cravings." (UCAN WEBSITE)

Proof is in the pudding
Tonight I swam 4000 meters. Aprox. 30 min prior to I had their lemonade Sports Drink. I took my insulin pump off 10 min prior to engaging in the swim. My Blood sugars were a text book 130. It wasn't a strenuous swim but it was long. About half way in I had a 1/4 of another bottle (Lemonade). After finishing my swim I finished off the remaining 3/4, and consumed a Chocolate protein drink mix while not bolusing for it. My Blood sugars were 145 getting out. Most stoked about the results two hours later. Normally after being off the pump and consuming what I would normally drink my blood sugars generally would run low to mid 200's but this evening they are a steady in the 130's.

No comments:

Post a Comment